GETTING TO THE HOuSE OF ORANGES
The House of Oranges/
Cortijo Del Naranjal
The House of Oranges,
Pago Mollinilo de Salares Sedella,
Malaga, 29715 Salares, Málaga
+44 7538 290607
Av. del Comandante García Morato,
By Air & Car
If you're coming from another country you will land at Malaga airport, If you are already in the country then follow directions from Algarrobo onwards.
We recommend that you hire a car to fully enjoy the area surrounding “The House of Oranges” whether it's to explore beautiful whitewashed Andalusian villages and national parks or the beautiful Costa Del sol coastline with its stunning beaches, restaurants and vibrant towns.
- On leaving Malaga airport area take the A7 (motorway) towards Almeria (easterly direction).
- After 25/30 mins you will pass Velez Malaga, you will then see “Bavaria Golf” course to your right as you head up the hill. Shortly after the brow of the hill you need to take the exit on the right and follow the ramp down to the small roundabout. - - Take the 3rd exit (takes you back under the motorway) to another small roundabout,
- Take 2nd exit towards Agarrobo,( A7206) go through the village until you reach a further roundabout,
- Take the 1st exit over the bridge and stay on the road,
- The road twists and turns up the mountains and gives amazing views, Pass through the small town of Sayalonga and continue along the same road for another 10 mins or so, you will come to a sharp bend (one of a few !) at the bottom of a slope that then starts back up hill with a turning to the left, signposted to Archez (MA 5104).
- Take this turning and follow until you come to the next village of Archez (5 mins). On entering the village the road divides, take the left hand fork.
- This will lead you over a white bridge followed by a restaurant/bar (Venta el Curro) on your right, Just after the restaurant you take the turning to the right to Salares and Sedella (MA 4108),
- Follow this road until you reach Salares. As you come down the hill to the village you will see the majestic Mount Maroma in front of you. At the bottom of the hill are some waste bins in front of a horse trough, immediately opposite is the track that leads to the house. we recommend that you contact us there and we will come and meet you and lead you to the house, or you can take the track yourself until you see the sign “The House of Oranges”.
We look forward to seeing you !